The department of Paediatrics is a part of Adan hospital that provides inpatient and outpatient medical care for all children from one day old to twelve years of age. The paediatric department in Adan hospital provide service in general paediatrics and some subspecialties including paediatric gastroenterology, endocrinology, pulmonology and nephrology, which help in multidisciplinary management of the patients. Qualified persons with Arabic and Canadian boards run the service of subspecialties.
- To provide a high quality and safe diagnostic, curative and preventive health service for children in Ahmadi and Mubarak Al Kabeer health areas.
- To provide comprehensive medical care (including emergency, in patient, ambulatory and intensive care) for sick children.
- To provide Quality care, Promote child welfare, health awareness by working with the community, promotes Continuous Medical Education, Training and research.
- Health care management in an effective and efficient way using evidence based guidelines.
- To be a trusted center of excellence and innovation in child care in the region.
Pediatric Emergency Unit
The Emergency Unit has 3 examination rooms, an observation room with 14 beds plus one isolation room, a room for nebulization therapy, which can accommodate up to 16 patients and a waiting area. There is one resuscitation room with 3 beds and 1 resuscitator equipped with resuscitation equipment for emergency cases.
There are 3 pediatric wards: Equate, 7 and 9 which are Located in the ground, first and second floor of pediatric building respectively with total capacity of 88 beds which are increased to be 100 beds during winter season.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
The PICU is located in Ward 20 located on the first floor of the internal medicine ( blue ) building, Al Adan Hospital. It provides care for critical cases that need ventilator care.
Pediatric Outpatient Facility
- Provides the medical services for children from birth to 12 years old (with the exception of some subspecialty who sees up to 15 years) as morning and evening service.
- It includes general Pediatrics and most of pediatric subspecialties: Gastroenterology and nutrition, Diabetes and endocrinology, Pediatric neurology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Cardiology, Rheumatology, Genetics, Development, Hematology, Development, Metabolic and Psychiatry.
- There is a special clinic for Kids with Special Needs on weekly basis including most subspecialties needed for them.
Click here to view the outpatient schedule.